IMPORTANT – The new Claims Website is now live and fully operational. Rightsholders now have the ability to submit claims online, through our secure portal, as well as the ability to track each claim’s status and history.
Currently, the Claims Website provides information related to undistributed royalties associated with post-2012 Canadian releases that have been paid into the Licensing Trust by Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Universal Music Canada, and Warner Music Canada for the 3Q2013 through 2Q2015 sales period.
How to Register for use of the CSI Claims Website: Post 2012 Products
If you are visiting the CSI Claims Website for the first time, please refer to the information below about user accounts and how to register.
- To go to the Registration page directly, click here.
- If you are already registered for the CSI Claims Website, you can log in here.
CSI Claims Website: Post 2012 Products User Registration Information
The CSI Claims Website has been developed to support certain requirements related to the Pending List Class Action Settlement. The main functionality of the site supports the ability to review and make claims against lists of unidentified, unlicensed or otherwise unpaid ownership shares for products released by the major record companies in Canada related to a) releases from January 1, 2013 onward, and b) releases falling within the Group III category of products. Additional functionality exists for the record companies involved in the action to view information related to CSI work representation for the purposes of licensing and royalty processing.
Please be aware that you will be required to fill out certain identifying and contact information upon registration. CSI will review your registration submission within 48 hours, on average.
User Types*: Registration for the purpose of reviewing the pending lists and making claims is open to all copyright owners or those acting on behalf of copyright owners. You will be required to select one user type for the site, by identifying yourself as only one of the following:
- Publisher: Music publishers, either self-administered or acting in the capacity of an administrator of multiple catalogues
- Writer: Authors/composers of musical works
- Other: Entities such as law firms, management companies, or other third party administrators who represent multiple accounts which are otherwise unrelated. You will be required to separately identify each account/party that you represent in order to view details related to each of those individual accounts.
Please also keep in mind the following information in the event that you determine there are royalties in pending for your share of a work that can be claimed:
- If you are an author, composer, music publisher or collective society represented by SODRAC in Canada, SODRAC is the party entitled to claim your portion of the royalties on your behalf.
- If you are an author or a composer signed to a music publishing agreement applicable to Canada, and not otherwise represented by SODRAC, your Canadian music publisher is the party entitled to claim your portion of the royalties on your behalf.
- If you are a self-published author or composer or a music publisher, and not otherwise represented by SODRAC in Canada, you need to register for a “Publisher” user account to make a claim. If you have not previously registered this type of account with CSI, we will create one for you when you first submit a claim. The claim submission form will provide further instructions on filling out the form.
- If you do not fall within any of the above three categories, you need to register for an “Other” user account. This category is intended for users who act on behalf of multiple rights holders (such as a law firm or management company who represent different clients, etc). Your ability to submit and review your claims will be restricted to the client account you have selected on your home page. Note that, in order to change the selected account to view share information specific to a particular publisher/writer, and to then submit claims for that account, you need to select the appropriate radio buttons next to the accounts on your home page and then the “Save” button after making your selection.
*Record Label: The user type of Record Label is reserved for use by major record companies to gain access through the secure portal to CSI work information. This area of the site is under construction. Please check directly with CSI for an ETA on its availability.
Password Requirements: Passwords must be a minimum of 6 characters in length, and must contain at least one character that is not a letter or number.
Security Question: You will be required to set your own personalized security question and answer. The option to change this question/answer at any time is available on your user home page once your registration has been processed.
Supported Browsers: Please note that the Claims Website is optimized for the use of Internet Explorer 8 or 9, Firefox 11 or Chrome 18. Previous versions of these browsers, or other browsers, may not be fully supported, or may cause some technical difficulties.
Questions: For questions related to CSI, the claims process, or the distribution of the settlement funds, please contact us here.
Website/Technical Support: For Website/Technical Support, registration, log in, or general website navigation issues, please contact us here.